Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas

After agonizing for several months, I decided that this Christmas, everything was going to be different. Different tree (flocked, never had one before), new lights, new ornaments, new decorations - everything. Why? Because things just aren't the same as they used to be, that's why.

And "they" decided that the tree topper needed to be retired, too.

So this year, white tree, blue lights inside and out, lit candy canes in the front yard, blue ornaments of different shades and red garland. So far, they like the changes

Well, almost everything gets changed. I think their stockings are going to be the same because they were hand made by their grandmother. I hadn't really given this much thought till yesterday when I opened the only Christmas storage box I'll probably ever use (There are about a dozen that will never see the light of day again). It had the tree skirt - also made by the grandmother - and the stockings.

I almost lost it when I found hers. Wasn't ready for that.

I still have to find the cookie plate for Santa. Hopefully, it's in this box.

Now, what do I do with hundreds and hundreds of ornaments I'll never use again?

2 comments:

Freddie said...

I can't even imagine how hard it must be...

May God bless you all and help you through the season.

The Bottom Of The Swamp said...

Hi Ya, Freddie!

It's no picnic, but I think we're gonna be okay. They really got into decorating this year, which is a first.

Just have to make it for 24 more days and get past the first anniversary. After that, we really move forward.