Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'm back - sort of

A friend asked me the other day where I've been lately. Well, mostly I've been wallowing in my own self pity. I have no life and no prospects of ever having one. Sort of withdrawing from about everything and concentrating on things around the home. School struggles continue, house work isn't getting done and things are just in a shambles. No energy and not much interest in doing much of anything. I've storm damage to take care of from the near hurricane level storm of last week. Laundry is backing up, again, the floors need mopping and the Christmas decorations still haven't been dealt with and I just don't seem to care.

Probably because with it getting dark so early, I get lazy early. I've also been going to bed uncharacteristically early for me. It's not uncommon lately for me to shut things down and hit the bed between 7:30 and 8pm. Same time I turn out the lights on the kids. Getting home at 4:30 and going to bed at 7:30 just doesn't leave much time to do anything except fix dinner, do the dishes, help with homework and then crash.

I'm hoping with a three-day weekend coming up that I'll be able to get caught up on everything. We'll see.

I'll let you know how the weekend goes.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time to work, time to clean, time to do homework. What about time for Swampy?

Are you at least reading to relax?

Have you been working out? It'd help your mood? Mine has been shot as of late, but getting some activity into my day helps.

ps. Sorry it took me so long to talk. I'm in self pity mode too. But I'm here.

Anonymous said...

Your post here strikes several chords.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

The Bottom Of The Swamp said...

There really is no time for me. The kids, the house work, being Mom and Dad.

Uhhh, no. I'm at the bottom of the list.

Anonymous said...

So one day, you take time for yourself. Though it sounds like you're taking strides to work in activities that everyone can enjoy. More of that is good.

Have you been working out?

The Bottom Of The Swamp said...

Day care is always an issue, and expensive. Limits my choices on "things for me." There may be a time, in the summer, when they're off at camp, when I might consider that, but I doubt I would do anything just by myself.

The office building is so cold, I'm bundled up all day in a coat. Absolutely no desire to get into gym clothes.

Anonymous said...

And they can't stay home by themselves for a few hours while you go somewhere? Or there is no one else willing to spend the night at the house while you're away a day or two?

Oh shush. Wimp.

The Bottom Of The Swamp said...

At night, no. And no, everyone has a life, but me.

My fingers got numb.

Anonymous said...

I've decided you just like to complain. You know there are people who would stay with them.

Anonymous said...

Don't stop talking because I point out the obvious. Disagree with me, tell me I'm a bitch and need to shut up, something. . .

The Bottom Of The Swamp said...

No, not a bitch. Just stating the obvious, but what else is there?

I hate asking, hate not being able to do everythign myself, hate being stuck here day, after day, after day.

Things I want to do, places I want to go. Don't want to do anything alone.

But that's the way it is.

Anonymous said...

No one expects you to be able to do it alone except you.

So embrace what you have, the friends and family who are there for you.

Believe me, I know it's not easy. But you're here to talk about it, so lets talk.